Thorne is a supplements and wellness brand dedicated to quality ingredient sourcing, clinical research, lab testing, and sustainable business practices. Pattern’s China ecommerce consultants helped Thorne grow their Chinese ecommerce business.
May 1, 2015
Amazon U.S., CA, U.K., China; Tmall, Walmart.com, Jet, MercadoLibre
Health, Household & Personal Care
- In China, the vitamins and supplements category is highly competitive.
Thorne did not have any brand awareness as it had no official stockists in China.
- Thorne also wanted to launch on Tmall quickly, ideally before the peak trading period around Double 11 (Singles Day).
- Thorne did not expect to have built enough brand awareness to participate with a formal Singles’ Day promotion sanctioned by Tmall.
Thorne’s Tmall Global store has had sales from its first day of trading, despite the lack of brand awareness, and we have doubled sales projections based on the performance from its first couple of weeks of sales. Thorne has now been invited to officially participate in Double 11, with a promotion agreed by Tmall, as the marketplace was impressed with its initial sales performance.
SUCCESSFUL TMALL LAUNCH
- Thorne’s Tmall Global store has had sales from its first day of trading.
- Pattern’s Greater China ecommerce team has doubled Thorne sales projections based on the performance from its first couple of weeks of sales.
Let's Talk About Partnership
Our ecommerce growth experts will walk you through what a Pattern partnership looks like for you.